Welcome to Taft P-TECH
P-TECH is for students in grades 9–12 who want to get a head start in a career where skilled employees are in high demand. It is a four-year, career-focused program providing students with real-world work experience through internships in fields connected to their classroom studies.
Today's decisions create tomorrow's success!
Students who successfully complete the four-year program will graduate with:
- A high school diploma
- A Career and Technical Education endorsement
- Relevant industry certifications
- Practical workplace experience
Taft High School is committed to creating opportunities to help students achieve beyond the classroom. Our goal is to graduate every student enrolled in CTE with a high school diploma and a guaranteed job. The Taft High School P-TECH Academy will be open to incoming 9th graders in the 2023-2024 school year.
P-TECH stands for Pathways in Technology Early College High School. As part of the program, students can choose a career pathway and take courses that provide the academic, technical, and workplace skills that are attractive to employers. Our P-TECH Academy will focus on career pathways in Architecture & Construction and Health Sciences. Students have the potential to earn college credit hours along with industry certificates for their selected career pathway — opportunities that can potentially lead to paid internships and job placement after graduation all while pursuing their high school diploma. Best of all, this opportunity comes tuition-free.
- Are you interested in tuition-free college classes?
- Would you welcome the opportunity to earn college credit and an industry certificate while attending high school?
- Could you see yourself pursuing on-the-job training in a technology pathway leading to well-paying career opportunities?